You guyz must be wondering why do I have to make yoghurt at home, when it can be easily bought at the store. Well, here at my place we get only one type of yoghurt which is not so thick and it’s sour to the core… I hate it, really. I’ve been hunting for a good “home-made yoghurt” technique for a while now. And finally I got it and it’s the best way to make yoghurt at home.
Milk – 1 litre (I used Amul Gold)
Starter Yoghurt – ¼ cup (I used milma curd, at room temperature)
1. Bring milk to a boil on the stove top or microwave. I used microwave.
*while boiling in the microwave, i don’t boil it vigorously. i look for this skin formation on top
2. Allow milk to cool, slightly warmer than lukewarm.
3. Add Starter Yogurt to the milk and blend it well. I used milk frother for this purpose.
4. Transfer milk to a container with a tight fitting lid.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F and switch oven OFF. (Mine is a gas oven. So I lighted the top flame for about 5 minutes and then turned it off)
6. Place container with milk into warm oven (i keep the oven light ON) and leave it for about 4-5 hours.(normally I start making yoghurt at night and leave it in the oven overnight)
7. After that, remove yogurt from the oven and store it in refrigerator.
8. Super home-made yoghurt is ready. (I bet it’s better than the store bought one)